Application Support SQL Server Database Engineer
Support SQL Server Engineer
Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
Due to the expansion of our Software Development teams, we are looking to recruit an experienced Application Support SQL Server Engineer as part of our global support teams.
- Troubleshoot technically complex Level 2 issues and drive them through to resolution.
- Identify and reproduce customer reported software defects and work with our internal teams to resolve them.
- Work closely with the AMCS Support teams to create workarounds and resolve issues.
- Accurately document customer issues, understand customer systems and configuration, identify problems and recommend solutions
- Creation of quality documentation including RCAs.
- Communicate with Customers via phone and email to keep them updated on the progress and status of their tickets.
- Become a subject matter expert in the AMCS products.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server development, including stored procedure creation, query tuning and report deployment.
- 5+ years of troubleshooting Microsoft based solutions (IIS + SQL Server) on high volume production environments
- Experience in a customer facing role is essential.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and third party tools such as DPA
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud Services and Application Insights.
- Deployment and configuration of web applications to Microsoft IIS servers.
- Excellent SQL/T-SQL and Powershell scripting ability
- Experience in large ETL/Data migrations
- Knowledge experience of mobile communications software an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics
- Experience with SSIS packages development and deployments
- An understanding of software engineering principles and processes.
- ITIL knowledge and experience