L’EASY is one of Scandinavia’s largest players for the sale and rental of white and brown goods. By implementing automatic planning with AMCS Fleet Planner, the business has increased efficiency in distribution, achieved greater capacity utilization and has also seen a significant improvement in customer services.
Route and transportation optimisation
Exponential technology is driving change in almost every industry, and business models are shifting. To stay competitive, the supply chain in your industry must be optimized, predictable and reliable all at the same time. At AMCS we are taking things to the next level. With AMCS Intelligent Optimization you can operate with the agility your customers need, and have come to expect. Achieve the highest level of customer engagement and continuously improve your margins with our superior forecasting, time slotting and price optimization capabilities.
ChallengeThe distribution of orders had traditionally been handled at each depot. Two planners at each depot were responsible for assigning the jobs to the drivers, and for providing some basic planning of routes. This manual process had to take each of the below points into account, for each driver’s daily plan: Read more
The distribution of orders had traditionally been handled at each depot. Two planners at each depot were responsible for assigning the jobs to the drivers, and for providing some basic planning of routes. This manual process had to take each of the below points into account, for each driver’s daily plan:
- Prioritization of orders: Goods are delivered 6 days a week (not on Fridays)
- Timing of drop-offs and installations: In many cases, the delivery is combined with the installation of goods
- Delivery conditions: Some orders require 2 drivers and strict time windows /time slots
- Realistic timings: Orders are received continuously, and sometimes many days before the delivery day. A qualified delivery time needs to be agreed upon during order-taking, and so the order taker has to consider the cost of delivery, other nearby deliveries, etc. With various areas to consider for each order, they felt it was time to employ a solution that automates these processes, to enable them to be more efficient and streamline their procedures.
SolutionL’EASY wanted a planning system that would enable them to: Reduce distribution costs. Reduce overtime and mileage driven Read more
L’EASY wanted a planning system that would enable them to:
- Reduce distribution costs.
- Reduce overtime and mileage driven.
- Increase the number of visits per day, per distribution van.
- Reduce time spent on order-taking and reduce errors in the process.
- Provide excellent customer service and increase customer service levels via precise deliveries.
L’EASY chose AMCS Fleet Planner because the system can:
- Perform rolling, incremental planning.
- Provide time-slotting suggestions as a service, to support order-taking.
- Work with flexible districts that change during rolling optimization.
- Schedule resources as an integrated part of planning.
- Enable real-time fleet tracking.
ResultsSimultaneous planning for sales and distribution department: Service-oriented systems facilitate a smooth work-flow and rolling planning Read more
Simultaneous planning for sales and distribution department: Service-oriented systems facilitate a smooth work-flow and rolling planning
- Easy and optimal time-slotting during order-taking: Ordertaker can see the cheapest delivery time options.
- Addresses are validated during order-taking: Drivers now find addresses easier.
- All master data can be maintained in one system: Drivers, vehicles, illnesses, etc.
- Increased customer service: Sales people do not promise more than can be achieved
- Increased efficiency in the distribution: The system optimises mileage and driving time
- Ability to centralise the distribution planning: Removing the need for individual depots to get involved
- Ability to handle heavily increased volumes: Without needing extra planners
Ready to see what AMCS can do for you?
Let AMCS show you how to optimize your operations for efficiency, increase profits and grow your businessRequest a demo
Download L’EASY Case Study
Read more on how L’EASY increased efficiency in distribution
AMCS Platform Summer 2023 Release: Addressing International Needs
With increasing ESG regulations worldwide, it’s becoming standard for many companies across all industries to report on ESG metrics. AMCS is an international company that addresses varying regional needs.
From Container to Cash: Powering Profitability with Intelligent Container Management
Containers are the backbone of your waste and recycling operations, but how often do you overlook them? They're the unsung heroes of your business, quietly shouldering the heavy burden of transporting and storing your valuable assets.
How to stock the fleet parts you need without overbuying
As a general rule of thumb in the industry, between 30% and 35% of the average fleet’s maintenance costs are spent on inventory management. Discover how to lower your fleet part costs.
From dynamic route planning to real-time execution and optimization, our software delivers digital solutions to drive automation and simplify daily dispatchingRead more
For day-to-day planning, master routes and what-if scenarios.Read more
Mobile Web for Transport & Distribution
The AMCS Mobile Web solution is a browser-based mobile application designed to operate on a tablet or a smartphone and to communicate directly with AMCS’s planning and optimization systems.Read more
Fleet Planner Brochure
Download the Fleet Planner brochure to find out how route optimization can reduce mileage, minimize drive time and cut CO2 emissions by up to 25%.