Third major release of 2021
We are proud to announce the launch of the AMCS Platform Winter 2021 Release, our third major release of 2021. This release builds on the strong recycling capabilities of the Platform to further digitize and enhance efficiencies for those at the forefront of the circular economy
This exciting release delivers on three main themes.
- Extending the current digitalization of our end-to-end recycling automation processes to include scrap metal processing
- New AMCS API Accelerator Program to support the integration of third-party IT systems with the AMCS Platform
- Continued delivery of transformed and enhanced User and Customer Experience across the AMCS Platform to ensure rapid user adoption, increased productivity, and great customer experiences
Summary Release Feature Highlights
AMCS Platform Winter Release 2021
Enhanced digitalization of recycling automation to include scrap metal processingWe are further developing functionality for recycling automation to support specialist scrap metal recycling in a number of key areas: including scale management to support weigh and pay for walk-in peddler trade, increased granularity and flexibility in quality and grading evaluation, real-time inventory management and valuation, as well as the planning and recording of production shifts. Read more
Enhanced digitalization of recycling automation to include scrap metal processing
This release offers scrap metal-specific enhancements which leverage the powerful integrated end-to-end recycling functionality of the AMCS Platform that covers logistics, purchasing, scale, pricing, grading, inventory, production shifts, customer service, finance, sales, and outbound logistics.
Screen: Production Shift User Interface
New Truck Scale (Weighbridge) and New Floor Scale support for Peddler (Walk-in trade)
A new touch screen truck scale is available for efficient weighing and recording of peddler transactions and allows easy capture of specific peddler characteristics (including hair color, height, etc. ) for regulatory compliance purposes. The new touch screen workstation for floor scales allows rapid weighing and recording of incoming loads
Enhanced Mobile Yard Management
New features include:
- Loading material for outbound sales on the mobile device and adding comments and capturing photos now supported
- Enhanced flexibility for grading users now has the option to grade confirm loads where the material has been rejected and/or a material split occurred.
- Ability to add a secondary processing fee during the grading process
Screen: mobile yard management
Enhanced Production Shift Cost Tracking
It is now possible to configure running costs by production asset (e.g. baler) so that these costs are included in your material valuation. This provides you with an accurate build-up of the cost of goods sold so that you can price effectively.
Enhanced Inventory Management and new Inventory Valuation
A major new feature of our real-time Inventory Management module is to track costs and calculate the value of materials held in inventory using a weighted average cost method. There is also a new Inventory period closing dashboard designed to provide Finance teams with a succinct overview of issues preventing inventory closing.
New AMCS API Accelerator ProgramSupport integration of third-party IT systems with the AMCS Platform Read more
New AMCS API Accelerator Program
We are introducing an API Accelerator Programme to support and accelerate third-party application integration for customers and partners. The API Accelerator Programme presents a new simplified, API Management, design, and development approach; and this will offer greater resources and expert support to all our customers who want to integrate AMCS Platform with other applications in their ecosystem.
Screen: AMCS Platform API Support Layer
The Accelerator Project, Sandbox, Integration Hub, and Integration Experts combine to provide a dramatically improved customer experience reducing the overall risk to integration projects by reducing costs, time, and learning curve.
APIs have the potential to transform businesses. Forward-thinking companies are reducing costs and time spent, by building networked solutions, which they access via APIs. This means increased automation of commercial processes and activities, with a focus on how to grow rapidly in an ever-changing business environment.
APIs are growing as an essential capability to successfully navigate in the digital era. Moreover, as businesses integrate IoT and other smart technology into their ecosystem, success will lie in adopting API-driven strategies to make these powerful tools drive business performance.
Transformed User and Customer ExperienceContinued delivery of transformed and enhanced User and Customer Experience across the AMCS Platform to ensure rapid user adoption, increased productivity, and great customer experiences Read more
Transformed User and Customer Experience
The Winter Release sees a further realization of the user and customer experience transformation across the AMCS Platform. It offers the best user and role-centric browser-based design and workflows designed to boost user adoption and productivity and generate great customer experiences.
As an illustration of enhanced user empowerment, the release contains a new Transport Dispatch User Interface providing a dispatcher with a timeline and map view of each route.
Screen: AMCS Smart Dispatch in action
This release also sees the launch of our User Validation Program whereby our UX team will liaise with Platform users to get their feedback on product designs.
Enhanced Customer Services ManagementWith this release, we continue to extend the functionality on the Web UI with new Customer Service, Smart Dispatch, and GL features. Some key new features to automate customer service set up in an intuitive manner include: Read more
Enhanced Customer Services Management
- Container Combo Pricing - A new pricing model for Skip/Roll off containers has been introduced, enabling operators to charge an all-inclusive price for a skip/roll-off service where the total price charged covers both the transport servicing the container size and the disposal of the assumed material type.
- Price Hierarchy - We have extended the price hierarchy to include both Scale and Material Grading. This multi-level pricing hierarchy allows an operator to define and apply prices at a more granular level and it reduces the administration costs of setup and maintenance of complex multi-level pricing.
- Sold Weight - A new option on the route confirmation screen, allows the user to apply Sold Weight to each lift on a route when doing route confirmation. This feature can be used where waste operators are not using certified scales on their trucks and wish to charge based on an agreed sold or expected weight or container fill level.
Change Order Management
- The ability to change Order Quantity, Frequency, or Product Offerings and the ability to Close Orders is now available in the Customer Service work center. We have introduced a more controlled process that permits the adjustment of all the order components in a single screen. The process also provides visibility on the impacts of Order changes in an intuitive and easy-to-use interface that includes associated charges or credits for invoiced orders in advance. The result is that order change processes are quicker and more streamlined to reduce the risk of user error.
Change Order Workflow Screen
New UX User Validation ProgramThis release also sees the launch of our UX User Validation Program whereby our UX team will liaise with Platform users to get their feedback on product designs before we build and incorporate them into our Platform. Read more
New UX User Validation Program
We are already engaging with a small number of our clients on this exercise, and we are very keen to get more of our customers involved in this exciting program.
We have UX tests available in the following areas:
- Timeline Dispatch Board
- Reporting WorkCentre
- Customer Service Representative – Order Changes and Close
- Floor scale
Dutch Compliance Enhancements and UpdatesNew regulatory features and compliance updates for The Netherlands. Read more
Dutch Compliance Enhancements and Updates
New regulatory features and compliance updates for Netherlands including LMA waste flow numbers, as well as, VZC support for sludge and compost movements.
Winter launch animation
AMCS Platform Winter Release 2021 builds on the strong recycling foundations of the AMCS Platform to further digitize and drive efficiencies for metal and commodity recyclers, who are at the forefront of the Circular Economy.
Other key highlights of the Winter 21 Release include
- Event-based SMS notifications for skip and dumpster roll-off customers, with real-time updates on deliveries, exchange and removals.
- New Smart Dispatch functionality for multi-task container management jobs. In addition, a new Resource Management API aligns HR staff data with Smart Dispatch rostering.
- Improved and streamlined general ledger processes facilitate data integration and flow with financial systems.
- Enhanced business analytics capabilities via 14 new report types.
AMCS Platform Brochure
AMCS Telematics: drive smarter decisions and actions
The route forward for resource and waste logistics
Would you like us to give you a call?
Fill in this form and we will get in touch with you asap!Call me back