Michael J. Fernandez is responsible for the County’s integrated waste management system that includes the collection and disposal of solid waste from more than 340,000 households, as well as the disposal needs for over 2.8 million County residents. Mr. Fernandez has held numerous senior level positions in the Department of Solid Waste Management to include Deputy Director of Waste Operations, Assistant Director of Disposal Operations and Senior Division Director. Michael was also the Past Director of the Collection & Transfer Technical Division for the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA).
Brought to you by SWANA and AMCS
The blueprint for solving today's fleet management challenges
Join us for an interactive conversation about reducing/avoiding costs, increasing technician and driver retention, and running a greener fleet, all while improving safety and compliance. Gain best practices and insight from AMCS Fleet Maintenance leadership and SWANA on how you can save money and grow your business:
- Use the Measure>Analyze>Improve strategy to identify low-hanging fruit and achieve quick wins.
- Parts are money sitting on the shelf. Now that your parts rooms are organized, it’s time to look more closely and optimize.
- It’s never been more challenging to hire and retain technicians and drivers. Improve compliance and create safer work environments.
- Run greener and reduce CO2 through reduced fuel consumption, maximized tire life, extended lubricant drain intervals, and reduced material disposal.
- From yellow iron to trucks, work smarter, keep staff safe, and bring positive returns to your organization.
Dept. of Solid Waste Mgt. Director Miami-Dade CountyRead more
Head of Delivery - Fleet Maintenance, AMCS GroupRead more
John has worked in the fleet maintenance industry since 1983 and joined Dossier Systems (later acquired by AMCS) in 2005. He is responsible for the Fleet Management Consulting (FMC) group, an in-house team of former fleet managers who help AMCS Fleet Maintenance customers implement best practices and fleet management software. John’s team also helps users who want to improve their use of the software or get their operations to the next level. While most of his time is spent in the field working with customers, John also works closely with the AMCS Transport Product and Development teams to bring the daily real world user perspective to the product.