AMCS Retail Planner
AMCS Retail Planner is a leading standard system developed specifically for manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers who distribute goods to the retail sector and/or end customers.
The system has a high level of industry-specific functionality aimed at solving the complex distribution and transportation challenges within all central areas of retail goods transportation, including trunking, distribution and back-haul transportation.
The system covers the entire planning process going from master route optimization to real-time execution and re-optimization.
Selection of industry-related functionalities
- Master route optimization based on frequencies, visit patterns as well as seasonal variations
- Conversion of master plans into operational plans as forecasted orders are converted to actual sales orders
- Daily dynamic route planning based on dynamic and ad hoc order intake
- Real-time execution and re-optimization as changes are received from e.g. warehouse management system about final ranking and changes in volumes due to packing, and from vehicle mobile systems about order status, GPS, returned goods and the like
- Planning with flexible compartment walls in connection with different temperature zones
- Selection of optimal depots and multi-depot visits for vehicles
- Ability to optimize distribution, inbound transportation, trunking and back-haul transportation in the same plan
- Handling of cross-docking and multi-leg planning for inter-depot transportation
- Analyses of long-term logistic structures (depots, service levels, etc.)
- Reductions in CO2 emissions, mileage and driving time of 5-20%
- Reduction of 5-10% in the number of vehicles
- Remarkably improved customer service levels; close to a 100% service fulfilment rate
- Between 25 and 75% less time spent on planning
- Time spent on registration and follow-up reduced by 30-60%
- Significantly increased route quality and planning flexibility
- A less stressful working environment and increased employee satisfaction
Over the years, the features of AMCS Retail Planner have been developed, based on extensive industry-specific knowledge which AMCS has acquired from our numerous customers within the industry. These references include: Reitan Distribution, Schulstad, Arla Foods, Unilever and KiMs.
Exponential technology is driving change in almost every industry, and business models are shifting. To stay competitive, the supply chain in your industry must be optimized, predictable and reliable all at the same time. At AMCS we are taking things to the next level. With AMCS Intelligent Optimisation you can operate with the agility your customers need, and have come to expect. Achieve the highest level of customer engagement and continuously improve your margins with our superior forecasting, time slotting and price optimization capabilities.
Improving Retail Distribution and Trunking Efficiency
Optimising master routes, planning daily routes and facilitating the execution of operations.
For day-to-day planning, master routes and what-if scenarios.Read more
For real-time route planning, transportation optimisation and dispatchingRead more
Mobile Web for Transport & Distribution
Fully integrated mobile web solutionRead more
Aalborg Portland, exceptional savings
Aalborg Portland has achieved exceptional savings with AMCS’ Route Optimisation solution. Aalborg Portland is the largest producer of cement in Northern Europe and the world’s biggest exporter of white cement
Lemvigh-Müller, Reduction in number of vehicles
Lemvigh-Müller is the largest wholesaler within steel and technical installations in Denmark. Lemvigh-Müller employs 1,200 people and has a turnover of approximately 600 million euros. The company’s two primary business areas are technical installations as well as steel/metal and the product range consists of approximately 300,000 items.
Reitan, Provide better service
10Reduction in distribution costs
50Reduced time spent from order deadline to delivery
Reitan Distribution delivers consumer goods to a wide range of chain stores in Denmark, including 7-Eleven, Rema1000, Q8, and XY. The company is part of the Norwegian Reitangruppen, which is one of the largest retail companies in Scandinavia with 27,500 employees and a 2009 turnover of more than 7.1 billion euros.
Rank your company’s logistics operations in our Intelligent Optimization Benchmark
Efficient businesses tend to be successful businesses
How the agile win in food & catering transportation
Digitalization speeds up and automates processing.
Addressing the driver shortage with technology
The long queues, fuel rationing and closure of forecourts recently in the UK shouldn’t have surprised anyone in logistics. This was the result not of a shortage of petrol, but of drivers to transport it. The shortage is a historical problem, exacerbated by Brexit and covid-19.
Ready to see what AMCS can do for you?
Let AMCS show you how to optimise your operations for efficiency and grow your business