Automate and Streamline Processes
Smaller haulers enjoy greater profitability by reducing costs with better operational efficiency
In the waste hauling industry, margins are notoriously tight, particularly for smaller, privately owned businesses. But with great challenges also comes great opportunities. As many AMCS customers have come to find out, intelligently investing in digitizing almost any facet of your operations results in improved profits.
Here are five ways you can improve profits with operational efficiency:
- Inventory & Resource Tracking: Improve the efficiency of your inventory tracking by adding serial numbers or RFID tags.
- Minimize Missed & Skipped Services: Implement service guarantees to help minimize missed or skipped services and pickups, allowing you to stay on top of operational delays before the customer calls.
- Get Ahead of Customer Complaints: Get ahead of customer complaints and missed or skipped services by proactively tracking all services and work orders that are not completed within 24 hours of scheduling.
- Automate Route Selection & Delegate Effectively: Automate routing by region, line of business, material category, and service area.
- Reduce Time Spent on Transport Planning & Execution: Implement a route optimization system to increase productivity and profitability of all routes that run across your organization. This ensures that your drivers are working their routes in the most efficient way possible.
If this seems a bit overwhelming, don’t worry! Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither will your efficiency optimization plans be. Try picking just one of the items from the list and focus on getting that one right before you move on to the next one. Set short and long-term goals that will put your business on the right track to greater profitability.
Share this on:Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Let us show you what AMCS Platform can do for you!
Let AMCS show you how to optimize your operations to increase profits, improve for efficiency and grow your business
Route Planner Brochure
Download the Route Planner brochure to find out how route optimization can reduce mileage, minimize drive time and cut CO2 emissions by up to 25%.
Four Areas in which the 2022 Inflation Reduction Act and Carbon Tax Credits Could Impact the Environmental Services Industry
Making Recycled Metals Grading Simpler and More Profitable with Digital Grading
Join Mark Valdes-Dapena, AMCS Senior Sales Engineer in a seven-minute video as he demonstrates how to use AMCS Platform for Metals (AMCS Mobile Grading App) to achieve revenue generating and efficiency goals.
US Recycling Price Trends 2023
As we move into 2023, the new year brings with it new and on-going challenges for recyclers in the US, including economic pressures and market volatility, high energy prices and the on-going war in the Ukraine, climate change and efforts to decarbonize, and more M&A activity expected in the sector.
Ready to start your digital journey?
Stay up to date by signing up to our newsletter now!