Contamination of container contents is a growing problem for haulers and recycling processors and it is estimated that it can represent up to 20% of the contents of a given recycling bin.
Contamination occurs when something enters the recycling stream that does not belong there such as food waste in a recycling bin. Contamination generates financial costs for the hauler and processor and environmental costs in that potentially valuable resources are diverted to landfills.
To combat this, haulers require a smarter and automated solution that can identify contamination at the point of collection and provide the necessary evidence of contamination to support customer education.
Learn about our Contamination Management solution, AMCS Vision AI
AMCS Vision AI is our artificial intelligence driven, computer vision solution designed to provide operators with automated and continuous insights across their operations.
It consists of an AI monitoring unit and recording device which can be fitted and integrated into a variety of assets including collection vehicles and MRF plant equipment.
This AMCS Vision AI unit records images and our Artificial Intelligence /Machine Learning engine automatically analyses them to detect target patterns (e.g., contamination, composition etc.) to provide alerts, insights and actions on the AMCS Platform portal.
How will AMCS Vision AI help my business?
There are a wide range of application of practical use cases including:
- Automated Material Identification to identify contamination in recycling material and to link it to the waste producer.
- Material composition analysis to understand the granular components of the resource stream being collected/or being processed at scale, loading bay, sorting line etc.
- Service exceptions requiring follow up such as overloaded containers, blocked access etc.
- Safety items such as hazards in the material stream, driver safety issues etc.
AMCS Vision AI has provided us with great insight into the composition of the material that we are collecting. It is highly automated and provides insights to drive our decisions on improving the quality of our recyclable materials and providing valuable feedback to our customers to drive behavioral change.
AMCS Vision AI Demo Video: Contamination Management
Watch our demo video to see AMCS Vision AI in action including;
- How to assign waste stream for inspection to collection vehicles
- Scoring the contamination materials
- Dashboards showing high-level contamination locations with associated scores and images of contamination
Let us show you what AMCS Vision AI can do for you!
Request a customized Demo to discover how Vision AI can save your business money, improve safety & compliance and the quality of recyclable materials.