Why join our team?
AMCS is a global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Our vision is to be the leading enabler of the Circular Economy - empowering environmental services operators and municipalities with a portfolio of innovative software and digital solutions. Our team currently support over 2,650 customers in 23 countries around the world.
We currently have a requirement for a experienced Software Development Engineers, based at our Limerick office.
Developing, enhancing and maintaining our environmental software products in accordance with agreed requirements and designs, including:
- Member of a team of software developers using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010 (C#, ASP.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server (2005 and 2008 versions).
- Contributing to the specification, development and test of software solutions to defined standards.
- Delivery of software development projects both as stand-alone and as a team member of internal and outsourced development teams.
- Development of embedded applications (Windows XP Embedded) that utilise GIS related plug-ins (including vehicle navigation and route optimisation).
- Develop and deliver project updates to senior management.
Qualifications and personal attributes
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Development or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years experience in an Information Technology environment, specialising in Software Development, would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience developing applications in C#, ASP.NET or SQL Server would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and personal skills, able to communicate clearly, effectively, and form effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, suppliers and third parties.
- High levels of drive and energy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Enthusiasm and general interest in Software Development.
- A passion for user interface
- Commitment to on-going personal development