Lead Mobile Developer
Senior Mobile Developer
Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Mobile Developer to join our global software development team at our HQ in Limerick
- Define and deliver a differentiating future-state mobile experience and enhance existing mobile products.
- Build your team’s roadmap in partnership with your product owner and team lead, refining and building the mobile product backlog.
- Create compelling implementation plans for the scrum team and lead overall architecture of mobile solutions
- Be able to look at the bigger picture in how mobile solutions fit into existing systems and lead implementation effort
- Guide and mentor all mobile development team members.
- Set the standard for the team's code quality - role model best practice at all times.
- Collaborate with architecture team on technical design
- Participate in the full product lifecycle; planning, analysis, design, development, testing, production roll-out, bug fixes, and enhancements.
- Partner with Devops team members in developing and driving automation and CI/CD principles for mobile solutions.
- Ensure high quality team outputs in terms of customer experience, usability, defect ratios, performance, and maintainability.
- Works closely with team lead / scrum master in the use of KPI's to assess the effectiveness of the team's delivery and the agile process, and takes corrective action as necessary to maintain high performance levels
- Participate in research, evaluation and development of new technologies.
General Skills and Experience Required
- 7+ years of software development experience, including advanced Mobile / Android development knowledge with 5+ years active experience of Agile development teams
- Strong tablet and phone app programming experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or acceptable amount of technical experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach, coach and mentor team members
- Proven ability communicate complex issues clearly & credibly with varied audiences and secure support for ideas through high impact communication.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and principles including Agile, Scrum, Kanban, TDD
- Knowledge of QA principles and life-cycles
- Experience with software release management techniques
- Proven experience of delivering software, on time and at quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make time-critical decisions and tradeoffs
Xamarin/.NET Specific Experience Required
- Strong knowledge and experience working with WCF/XML Web Services
- Software development experience with large scale commercial Websites or Apps
- Strong knowledge and experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with Git and other source control solutions
- Strong knowledge of Xamarin.Android and the Android SDK
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft development stack: C#, .Net, SQL Server
Bonus territory if you have experience with:
- Android UI Design
- REST and JSON
- Service APIs
- Integrating third-party libraries and APIs
- Azure DevOps
- Working with a global team spread across multiple time zones