AMCS GROUP - DIGITAL WAYS TO A CLEANER WORLD
Do you want to work for a company with Irish roots and a global impact? A leader in environmental services, AMCS is a trailblazing software company that guides and supports other businesses on their journey towards sustainability.
AMCS leads the way
The AMCS team is at the cutting edge of technology. Companies come to AMCS to achieve their sustainability strategies as we help companies to reduce their carbon footprint and work in a more environmentally conscious way. AMCS has created digital ways to a cleaner world.
What we do
AMCS is a global leader for integrated software and vehicle technology for the environmental services industry. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions worldwide supporting over 2,650 customers in 22 countries. AMCS employs over 700 people across 11 countries, headquartered in Ireland with offices in North America, Europe and Australia.
AMCS offers team members more than just a job, but an opportunity to map out a career with a company that is growing, evolving and setting out new ways of working that are having a positive impact on the world around us. AMCS was established in Ireland and holds onto those local roots and ‘start-up’ mentality with a culture of connection. Connection to our work, our customers, our colleagues and our community that creates a working environment that fosters openness, collaboration and creativity.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Frontline Engineer to join our Customer Support team. Our ideal candidate would have good knowledge in database environments and administration, along with a general experience towards all things IT-related.
We have preference for those with support, helpdesk, development and network experience on Microsoft-based platforms, specifically over remote desktop environments, SQL server, and Windows Server product families.
A Frontline Support Engineer works as a technical resource within our Customer Support organization. They will work closely with our
Tier 1 Technical Support Analysts to resolve recurring systemic issues and perform root cause analysis.
This role will work directly with clients and other team members to resolve incidents ranging from troubleshooting, SQL and Server performance issues, analysing views & stored procedures, and performing minor project work for our ERP solutions.
- Address and resolve incoming application questions and incidents from end users
- Document all pertinent end user identification information in our CRM database
- Ability to perform root-cause analysis on recurring system issues
- Remotely perform application updates, software upgrades, and database backups
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process
- Participate in after-hours on call rotation
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure adequate resolution of issues
- Remain current on changes and new features added through regular software updates & releases.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications & Key Skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
·Current Microsoft certifications in SQL Server and Windows Server product lines a plus
·Strong troubleshooting skills with a high level of self-reliance to resolve complex technical problems
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with both
technical and non-technical audiences, to offer good quality customer service.
·Basic networking and user administration knowledge required.
·Experience with Microsoft SQL and the Windows Server product line are ideal
.Knowledge of the recycling and waste industries is also beneficial but not essential.