Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Support Engineer to join our Customer Support team. Our ideal candidate would have a strong background in database development and administration, along with a general ‘jack of all trades’ experience towards all things IT-related.
We have a preference for those with development experience on Microsoft-based platforms, specifically the.NET Framework, C#, SQL Server, and Windows Server product families.
A Support Engineer Tier 2, works as a senior technical resource within our Customer Support organization. They will work closely with our Tier 1 Technical Support Analysts to resolve recurring systemic issues and perform root cause analysis.
This role will work directly with clients and other team members to resolve incidents ranging from troubleshooting SQL Server performance issues, analysing views & stored procedures, and performing minor project work for our ERP solutions.
· Address and resolve incoming application questions and incidents from end users.
· Document all pertinent end user identification information in our CRM database.
· Ability to perform root-cause analysis on recurring system issues.
· Remotely perform application updates, software upgrades, and database backups.
· Record, track, and document the problem-solving process.
· Participate in after-hours on call rotation.
· Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure adequate resolution of issues.
· Remain current on changes and new features added through regular software updates & releases.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
· Strong troubleshooting skills with a high level of self-reliance to resolve complex technical problems.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
· Basic networking, user administration, and T-SQL scripting skills required.
· Experience with Microsoft SQL, SAP Crystal Reports, SQL Reporting Services, and the Windows Server product line are an advantage
Who we are?
AMCS is Ireland’s largest indigenous software company. We are a market leader in the environmental service industry. AMCS employs over 1300+ people across 22 countries. We are Headquartered in Limerick, Ireland and have offices in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
What we do?
We deliver enterprise cloud-based solutions worldwide. AMCS supports over 5,000 customers across 23 countries. Our team is at the cutting edge of technology and innovation. We help our customers to reach a more sustainable future through reducing their carbon footprint and to work in a more environmentally conscious way.
- Your [email protected]:
- Gain extensive training, guidance, and support.
- Earn a competitive package with benefits.
- Work in an environment that is truly collaborative, innovative, and supportive.
- Have a clear pathway for your progression.
- Make an impact and be part of digital ways to a cleaner world