We currently have a requirement for a Senior Technical Author to join our global team. This can be a remote working role anywhere in Ireland with occasional visits to our HQ in Limerick
This is a senior role within our Product Development organisation. The role requires a senior technical author or information developer with experience developing and managing the documentation for a portfolio of SaaS products for a global Enterprise customer base.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team of content developers, driving best practices, and establishing and ensuring technical writing standards. You will be responsible for defining the technical documentation development process, and continually improving and measuring content reuse and quality. A key attribute for this role is an ability to evaluate and analyse complex information and a natural desire to help people understand it.
You will be required to:
- Research, outline, write, and edit content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Gather information from subject-matter experts and develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work with product, development, and support leads to identify documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine best solutions for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that adhere to organizational and legal standards and allow for easy data migration.
- Retrieve, organize, analyse and synthesize complex subject matter and transform it into easy-to-understand information for specific end-customer audiences.
- Employ the best available and suitable authoring and desktop publishing software tools to produce finished products that include printed or electronic publications and possibly integrated online help systems.
- Create formats and templates which consider the need to scale and localise the documentation.
- Contribute to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives, and deliver accurate and timely documentation in support of those goals.
- Advocate for a Simplified Technical English approach to content development – across all customer facing functions domains.
- Ensure a consistent voice for the content and that it adheres to technical writing industry best practices and is suitable for a global market.
- Appropriate qualification in an associated discipline.
- A high degree of technical literacy, allowing for rapid acquisition and comprehension of new technical concepts and skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in a technology based environment, writing user and administrator documentation for software aimed at end-users and/or application developers.
- Experience establishing technical writing practice and leading a small team are desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Implementation experience and knowledge of content management systems like MadCapFlare, Document360 highly desirable.
- Ability to work within a geographically dispersed team and to collaborate with other writers on content creation.
- Good project management skills.
- Commitment to quality, user experience and customer success.
- Experience of digital in-app tools is desirable
- Experience with managing and publishing content SharePoint, Confluence and similar systems is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in other languages is desirable.
Who we are?
AMCS is Ireland’s largest indigenous software company. We are a market leader in the environmental service industry. AMCS employs over 1300+ people across 22 countries. We are Headquartered in Limerick, Ireland and have offices in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
What we do?
We deliver enterprise cloud-based solutions worldwide. AMCS supports over 5,000 customers across 23 countries. Our team is at the cutting edge of technology and innovation. We help our customers to reach a more sustainable future through reducing their carbon footprint and to work in a more environmentally conscious way.
What are some of the benefits of working at AMCS?
- Generous remuneration package
- Interactive employee training and onboarding
- Full Health Insurance
- Flexible working options
- Life Assurance (x4 times your annual salary)
- 25 days holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Work in an environment that is truly collaborative, innovative, and supportive.
- Have a clear pathway for your progression
- Amazing colleagues to learn from and enjoy company sport and social outings, parties, and events
- Make an impact and be part of digital ways to a cleaner world.