Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 600+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We currently have a requirement for an experienced Senior / Lead Software Developer to join our team. This can be a remote working role with occasional visits to our Limerick HQ
Developing, enhancing and maintaining our environmental software products in accordance with agreed requirements and designs, including:
• Member of a team of software developers using latest versions of Microsoft Visual Studio (C#, ASP.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server.
• Contributing to the specification, development and test of software solutions to defined standards.
• Delivery of software development projects both as stand-alone and as a team member of internal agile and outsourced development teams.
• Development of embedded applications (Windows XP Embedded) that utilise GIS related plug-ins (including vehicle navigation and route optimisation).
• Develop and deliver project updates to senior management.
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience developing applications in C#, ASP.NET or SQL Server preferred but other OO languages such as Java will be considered
- Good understanding of Design Patterns and Principles.
- Strong experience in MVC and Entity Framework.
- Fluent in MS SQL Server, database and programming.
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Development.
- Experience with web services, REST API.
- Familiar with security mechanisms including web and web service security and their implementations.
- Experience in writing Unit test cases
Qualifications and personal attributes
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Development or equivalent.
- 5-10 years’ experience in an Information Technology environment, specializing in Software Development, would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication and personal skills, able to communicate clearly, effectively, and form effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, suppliers and third parties.
- High levels of drive and energy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Enthusiasm and general interest in Software Development.
- A passion for user interface
- Commitment to on-going personal development