AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 600+ people across 16 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We are looking for an experienced Senior BI Product Owner to join the global product team. This role can be located anywhere in Ireland.
The ideal candidate must possess strong product leadership skills to drive the BI & Reporting offerings in the AMCS Platform. The Business Intelligence Product Owner will manage the full product lifecycle including user requirements gathering, customer engagement and product roadmap. The candidate will come from an analytics background and have a depth of experience in developing and designing operational reports and executive level BI dashboards. This is a global role which will also involve client interaction across multiple regions and customer profiles to influence and advocate for enabling BI & analytics to effectively manage their business.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Product Management – SME for Business Intelligence, Business Analytics and Reporting; provide expert guidance to the team on best practices, standardization and documentation; provide guidelines to ensure consistent user experiences; review and contribute to product releases
- Client/Stakeholder Management – Act as a trusted advisor to AMCS business process owners and business operations to ensure alignment with business drivers, and then integrate these requirements into the strategy as it is developed. Understand customer requirements and impact of system issues; meet with clients regularly and establish priorities by working with clients and end-users; Work closely with the team to deliver high-quality customer support.
- Issue Management – Control and manage system issues and conduct detailed impact analysis, root cause analysis, and downstream effects of modifications; Determine most effective way to operationalize fixes.
- Project Management – Control and manage projects with an end result orientation, including all project phases/tasks as applicable to the project size; Coordinate with project managers responsible for implementation as well as other product managers involved in multi-disciplinary efforts.
- Reporting Management – Manage all tasks, activities and deliverables related to Reporting development life-cycle required as a part of an ERP implementation.
· Application SME – become an expert in AMCS Platform and related systems. Work with other Product Owners and stakeholders to identify analytics and reporting needs across different industries and user profiles.
· 3 years’ experience as a System or Product Owner, partnering with IT/Development Teams in multiple time-zones.
· Backlog Management – Prioritise, manage and refine the the BI backlog and participate in/lead all associated sprint ceremonies.
· Manage external or internal escalations from multiple stakeholders and pro-actively communicate expected delivery dates as priorities change.
· Identify resourcing needs/gaps to improve overall team velocity.
· Considerable experience with SQL, relational databases and data warehousing concepts.
· Demonstrated experience managing third-party applications and working with IT Vendors.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Process Management or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Strong planning, organization, critical thinking, decision-making skills and problem-solving aptitude.
· Training and Advocacy – deliver ad hoc and formal training in the form of live walkthroughs, recorded videos and documentation. Promote new features and advocate their use to internal client-facing teams and directly to customers.
· Experience with integration of Embedded BI tools.
· Data Warehousing experience in a multi-tenant environment
· Experience of Agile Scrum methodologies, including vertical slicing of features and user story refinement.
· CEO-level engagement including management and translation of strategic requirements.