Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 600+ people across 16 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We currently have a requirement for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our global team. This role can be located anywhere in Ireland with occasional visits to our HQ in Limerick.
The role of the DevOps Engineer is to work closely with the Software Development and Architecture teams to deliver continuous integration and continuous deployment/delivery processes, tools and infrastructure to enable faster, safer and secure code releases.
Responsibilities will include :-
- Administration of Microsoft TFS/VSTS.
- Infrastructure Architecture – designing high availability, performance and secure solution on Public/Private cloud.
- Design and implement Software Defined Infrastructure using cloud standards and methodologies.
- Engineer solutions using Microsoft Azure services.
- Implement infrastructure, build and project automation using PowerShell.
- Work in conjunction with IT, engineering, and business groups to understand functionality, scalability, performance, security, and integration requirements.
- Experimentation with new cloud technologies to define their use cases/suitability.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 2-3 years' experience
- Strong knowledge of DevOps concepts – continuous integration and delivery.
- Understanding of Cloud concepts – IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- Practical hands-on experience on Azure using key services like VM, App Services, SQL database.
- Certification in Microsoft Azure Solutions an advantage
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills