Why join our team?
AMCS is a global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Our vision is to be the leading enabler of the Circular Economy - empowering environmental services operators and municipalities with a portfolio of innovative software and digital solutions. Our team currently support over 2,650 customers in 23 countries around the world.
We currently have a requirement for an experienced Product Owner to join our global team. This can be a remote working role anywhere in Ireland with visits to our HQ in Limerick
The Product Owner will own, create and maintain the product backlog, including prioritizing and sequencing according to business value. Leveraging the expertise of others and cross-checking customer and market information extensively you will outline the requirements and goals at the beginning of every Feature release and sprint.
· Develop clear and descriptive user stories with acceptance criteria to support the development team
· Participate in the regular scrums, sprint planning meetings and sprint reviews.
· Initiate and translate product road map into manageable product backlog for Scrum teams
· Constructively challenge and engage with the development team to maintain continuous velocity, ensure quality and maintain motivation.
· Ability to engage and connect all stakeholders (customers, partners, market specialists) in different locations, to create and a fully formed product scope.
· Distil inputs from a variety of user representatives / stakeholders to create a complete picture of the market problems to be solved
· Challenge stakeholders to ensure that an understanding is achieved that is coherent, complete, credible and sufficiently concrete to facilitate the development of software, and that the business processes underlying the scenarios are identified and described.
· Work with the Product Manager to plan product release to ensure go to market readiness working with product marketing, pre-sales, sales, implementation, support
· Expert knowledge of the existing capabilities of the Product to plan for its future evolution
· Own the acceptance of delivered software, meeting capabilities as envisioned.
· Communicate and evangelise your product
· 5+ years’ experience as a Product Owner / Business Analyst or in a related discipline
· Excellent written and oral communication
· Excellent interpersonal, organisational and collaboration skills
· Self motivated, curious and customer focused
· Ability to break down complexity and clearly articulate requirements
· Understanding of how technology can be leveraged for business benefit including ability to assess the technical feasibility / relative cost of solution options.
· Experience of working in an Agile environment and working knowledge of Agile methodologies e.g. Kanban, Scrum, SAFe an advantage