Why Join our Team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 600+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,750+ customers in 22 countries.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Frontline Engineer to join our Customer Support team.
Our ideal candidate would have good knowledge in database development and administration, along with a general ‘jack of all trades’ experience towards all things IT-related.
We have a preference for those with development experience on Microsoft-based platforms, specifically the.NET Framework, C#, SQL Server, and Windows Server product families.
This is an ideal opportunity for a Graduate to start their career in a leading technology company!
A Frontline Support Engineer works as a technical resource within our Customer Support organization. They will work closely with our Tier 1 Technical Support Analysts to resolve recurring systemic issues and perform root cause analysis.
This role will work directly with clients and other team members to resolve incidents ranging from troubleshooting SQL Server performance issues, analyzing views & stored procedures, and performing minor project work for our ERP solutions.
· Address and resolve incoming application questions and incidents from end users
· Document all pertinent end user identification information in our CRM database
· Ability to perform root-cause analysis on recurring system issues
· Remotely perform application updates, software upgrades, and database backups
· Record, track, and document the problem-solving process
· Participate in after-hours on call rotation
· Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure adequate resolution of issues
· Remain current on changes and new features added through regular software updates & releases.
· Other responsibilities as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
· Strong troubleshooting skills with a high level of self-reliance to resolve complex technical problems
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
· Self-motivated and a desire to learn
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
· Basic networking, user administration, and T-SQL scripting skills required
· Experience with Microsoft SQL, SAP Crystal Reports, SQL Reporting Services, and the Windows Server product line are ideal
· Current Microsoft certifications in SQL Server and Windows Server product lines a plus