AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 600 + people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,750+ customers in 22 countries.
AMCS is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We have an exciting new role for a Field Service Engineer in the Shepton Mallet area.
This role involves providing service and maintenance of on-board Hardware and Software on refuse collection vehicles. The role may involve significant travel within the UK and overnight stays at customer locations. The successful candidate must be willing to travel at short notice and must be flexible on working hours.
- Install, commission and test AMCS hardware and software products including all wiring and mechanical work on refuse collection vehicles
- Troubleshoot, repair and fully test equipment failures in the field.
- Deliver a timely response to our customer base
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance procedures
- Maintain accurate and up to date records for all work completed
- Comply with the AMCS quality standards.
- Monitor the performance of equipment in the field, through data reports, to ensure that it meets both Customers and AMCS’s minimum requirements
- Liaise with customers pro-actively to ensure early detection of any problems.
- As part of the Installation/Field Service team, actively engage with other team members for effective knowledge transfer to ensure consistent quality.
- Record and report all service / repair visits correctly using our service ERP system so we can actively meet and / or exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Responsible for actively reporting and exchanging customer experiences and difficulties where you will also identify opportunities with the associated sales people so we can respond accordingly.
- Actively report any complaints encountered to the respective service coordinator and/or the field service manager.
- Accountable for Service parts inventory within the specified territory where you will manage and follow allocated stock inventory in order to maintain a high first time fix rate.
- Adhere to AMCS Policies of Code of Conduct/Ethics; Security and required training available at AMCS Academy.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice
Education & Work Experience
- HNC / HND in a relevant discipline, must be computer literate
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years experience in a Field Service or Engineering role
- Good diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative and to multi-task.
- Have a full clean Driving License (HGV license an advantage)
- Must be able to demonstrate a hands-on approach.
- Must be flexible and able to travel.
- Mechanical, practical hands on experience would be essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - written, verbal, listening.
- Strong understanding of customer service.
- Ability to promote a strong sense of urgency to complete tasks on time
- Ability to solve practical, hands on, technical problems resourcefully
- Self starter with the ability to work independently, accompanied with strong execution and organizational skills