DIGITAL WAYS TO A CLEANER WORLD
Do you want to work for a company with Irish roots and a global impact? A leader in environmental services, AMCS (Advanced Manufacturing Control Systems) is a trailblazing software company that guides and supports other businesses on their journey towards sustainability.
AMCS leads the way
The AMCS team is at the forefront of technology. Companies come to AMCS to achieve their sustainability strategies as we help companies to reduce their carbon footprint and work in a more environmentally conscious way. AMCS has created digital ways to a cleaner world.
What we do
AMCS is a global leader for integrated software and vehicle technology for the environmental services industry. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions worldwide supporting over 5000 customers in 23 countries. AMCS employs over 1000 people across 22 countries, headquartered in Ireland with offices in North America, Europe, Australia & Asia
AMCS offers team members more than just a job, but an opportunity to map out a career with a company that is growing, evolving, and setting out new ways of working that are having a positive impact on the world around us. AMCS was established in Ireland and holds onto those local roots and ‘start-up’ mentality with a culture of connection. Connection to our work, our customers, our colleagues, and our community that creates a working environment that fosters openness, collaboration, and creativity.
The AMCS DevOps team plays a key role in driving the cloud strategy and architecture while working closely with the product engineering teams to deliver SaaS solutions securely and as efficiently as using CI/CD pipelines. The DevOps Engineering Manager is responsible for delivering engineering solutions to the organisation that will help deliver the overall SaaS strategy while enabling and empowering the product development teams to be become more operationally aware of how the software is deployed and used by our users.
The following is a list of the roles and responsibilities:
· Facilitate regular stand ups to report on status of DevOps Engineering backlog items.
· Facilitate weekly/bi-weekly refinement sessions on DevOps Engineering backlog and report timelines / risks to stakeholders clearly and effectively.
· To attend / provide resource to the regular DevOps triage sessions.
· Provide technical/architectural input/consultancy to product architecture/development teams.
· Work closely with product development teams to improve processes around software releases.
· Assist sales teams in the RFP/RFI process by responding to questionnaires in a timely manner.
· Facilitate the design and implementation of CI/CD pipelines for new products and services.
To enable/empower product development teams to become full stack SaaS development teams by facilitating technical knowledge transfer into the following areas:
o DevOps tools and processes
o Cloud technologies and management tools
o Test automation
o Telemetry and diagnostics
o CI/CD pipelines
o Monitoring and alerting processes
o Cost efficiency
Work closely with the DevOps Operations Manager to provide solutions to enable Operations teams to:
o Identify and troubleshoot user/application issues as quickly as possible.
o Controlled access to perform system management tasks e.g., restarting of services or access to configuration files.
o Configure/manage customer environments.
· Facilitate the design, implementation and maintenance of cloud policy/controls that governs the following:
o Cost Management