Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 600+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We are actively seeking an experienced Business Analyst who could work collaboratively with ANZ/Global technical delivery teams to successfully deliver projects in Australia and internationally within the region. This role will report into the Head of Services & Delivery ANZ. Our ideal candidate is a team player who is enthusiastic about delivering complex business solutions, comfortable challenging the status-quo with a constant appetite for new knowledge and skill accumulation.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Showcase and foster AMCS core values - Innovation, Dedication and Loyalty.
- Strong requirements gathering and workshop facilitation skills.
- Communicate effectively with internal/customer stakeholders across geographies at all levels.
- Ability to organize and conduct effective meetings internally and customer environments.
- High energy work ethic with a never say die attitude.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including ability to influence and negotiate.
- Ability to run product demos to the customer.
- Comfortable working actively towards achieving personal KPIs based on billability and revenue targets.
- Prior technical experience as a developer or a DBA would certainly come in handy.
- Be expected to work with product and industry subject matter experts in order to understand, propose, educate and help implement new business processes.
- Understand customers' needs, determine solutions to meet those needs, and document these solutions in the form of user stories, use cases and technical specifications that can be implemented by the delivery team.
- Develop and recommend solutions and strategies, based on the analysis of customer business goals, objectives, and needs.
- Carryout scope verification and Internal Acceptance Testing (IAT) which includes developing test cases and test strategy documentation.
- Good grasp of solutions modelling through UML and a broad toolkit of analysis methods/artefacts.
- Work closely with the implementation, development, product, DevOps and VTech teams to address questions and provide clarification on requirements during delivery of projects.
- Prepare detailed Requirement Specification documentation with use cases, presentations, and other documents to explain requirements internally and externally.
- Ensure all reported data and information are accurate, consistent, relevant and timely.
- Elicit, evaluate, prioritise, analyse, and document client's business needs and requirements.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- This role would primarily be based in Sydney with occasional work duties from customer offices locally and overseas as the need arises.
- Occasional Interstate / international travel might be required at a short notice.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Data Modelling – ideally experience in Object Role Modelling (ORM) or, failing that, Entity Relationship (ER) approaches
- Process Modelling – ideally Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN)
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry, preferably working for CRM or ERP vendors.
- Degree in computer science or related field is strongly desired.
- Industry-recognized qualification such as IIBA-CCBA or CBAP or other equivalent would be beneficial.
- Experience in MS office and Visio or similar tools.
- Understanding of IT infrastructure and enterprise solution concepts.