.NET Back End Developer
The ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge of web technologies and a passion for delivering high-quality solutions. You should have a solid understanding of software development methodologies and be comfortable working in a collaborative team across multiple locations.
Developing, enhancing, and maintaining our environmental software products in accordance with agreed requirements and designs, including:
· Member of a team of software developers using latest versions of Microsoft Visual Studio (C#, ASP.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server.
· Contributing to the specification, development, and test of software solutions to defined standards.
· Delivery of software development projects both as stand-alone and as a team member of internal agile and outsourced development teams.
· Development of embedded applications (Windows XP Embedded) that utilise GIS related plug-ins (including vehicle navigation and route optimisation).
· Develop and deliver project updates to senior management.
Skills and Competencies:
· Experience developing applications in C#, ASP.NET or SQL Server
· Good understanding of Design Patterns and Principles
· Strong experience in MVC and Entity Framework.
· Fluent in MS SQL Server, database, and programming.
· Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Development.
· Experience with web services, REST API.
· Familiar with security mechanisms including web and web service security and their implementations.
· Experience in writing Unit test cases
Qualifications and personal attributes
· Degree in Computer Science, Software Development or equivalent.
· At least 5 years’ experience in an Information Technology environment, specializing in Software Development
· Excellent communication and personal skills, able to communicate clearly, effectively, and form effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, suppliers and third parties.
· High levels of drive and energy.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
· Enthusiasm and general interest in Software Development.
· A passion for user interface
· Commitment to on-going personal development
DIGITAL WAYS TO A CLEANER WORLD
Do you want to work for a company with Irish roots and a global impact? A leader in environmental services, AMCS is a trailblazing software company that guides and supports other businesses on their journey towards sustainability.
AMCS leads the way
The AMCS team is at the cutting edge of technology. Companies come to AMCS to achieve their sustainability strategies as we help companies to reduce their carbon footprint and work in a more environmentally conscious way. AMCS has created digital ways to a cleaner world.
What we do
AMCS is a global leader for integrated software and vehicle technology for the environmental services industry. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions worldwide supporting over 5,000 customers in 23 countries. AMCS employs over 1200 people across 22 countries, headquartered in Ireland with offices in North America, Europe, Australia & Asia.
AMCS offers team members more than just a job, but an opportunity to map out a career with a company that is growing, evolving and setting out new ways of working that are having a positive impact on the world around us. AMCS was established in Ireland and holds onto those local roots and ‘start-up’ mentality with a culture of connection. Connection to our work, our customers, our colleagues, and our community that creates a working environment that fosters openness, collaboration and creativity.
Join Our Mission for a Sustainable Future and Enjoy the Following Benefits:
• Health insurance that covers up to three dependents
• Shuttle service for convenient transportation
• Complimentary on-site food and coffee for your enjoyment
• Access to a comprehensive learning and development platform that provides on-the-job training on essential skills, with the ability to track your progress centrally.
• 15 days of vacation leave and 15 days of sick leave for your well-being
• Joining a world leader in environmental services
• Hybrid work arrangement for a flexible work-life balance.