Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 650+ people across 16 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,750+ customers in 22 countries.
We currently have a requirement for a Graduate Software Support Engineer, based in our Limerick office.
As this is an urgent role we will only be accepting candidates based in Ireland.
- Provide customer software product support / requests for AMCS customer base and ensure that all calls/responses meet AMCS Quality standards and KPI’s.
- Support Project managers in the field for all project requirements, including specification development to customer requirements, installs, upgrades & configuration.
- As part of the Customer management & delivery team, have responsibility for SQL Server administration, data base administration, backup, replication, disaster recovery strategies.
- Provide IT Infrastructure support both in-house and at customer sites.
- Prepare end user and technical user documentation for environmental products
- Attend customer sites, for installations, training, go lives & review meetings, always providing a high level of customer service.
- Analysis of software issues reported for any repeat issues with proposed solutions on how to improve product performance. Identify any training needs for customers and produce operation documents to address these issues.
- You will be involved in product improvement program, consulting to customer & monitoring of performance metrics.
Person Specification – Profile
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience in SQL server or Oracle and database administration, mobile communications software would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), especially with regards to providing information to clients.
- An understanding of software engineering principles and processes. Practical experience in relation to databases, Microsoft SQL server, managing hosted solution and web services.
- An interest in learning and keeping up to date in SQL server, mobile communications software, web application developments and cloud computing.